You are in charge of your nation’s fiscal policy giving you full control of both government expenditures and taxes. Due to past decisions, wars, recessions, and some very unfortunate disasters you find yourself with a large government debt. In response, you can
- cut taxes.
- cut spending.
- increase taxes.
- increase spending.
- hope the Fed monetizes the debt.
- put your head in the sand and do nothing.
- blame it on the other party.
- use Enron style accounting to hide the problem.
- hope the Bank of China catches fire and all those U.S. bonds burn up.
Write down the letter(s) that best describe(s) your intended course of action.