These links are from "The Rise of the Super-Rich" in the NY Times Select:
- A 2002 New York Times Magazine article by Op-Ed columnist Paul Krugman on the ever-expanding income gap.
- Were the Good Old Days That Good?, an article by Louis Uchitelle on Americans’ expectations of ever-increasing prosperity.
- Study by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities regarding the concentration of capital income among the top one percent of the population.
- “Inequality,”(pdf) a study by Edward L. Glaser of the Harvard Institute for Economic Research.
- “Intergenerational Economic Mobility in the U.S., 1940 to 2000,”(pdf) by Daniel Aaronson and Bhashkar Mazumder, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Dec 2005.
- “Understanding Mobility in America”, by Tom Hertz, American University, April 2006, Center for American Progress.
- Times Op-Ed columnist Bob Herbert talks about impact of Republicans' refusal to raise the federal minimum wage.